locally managed tablespaces and performance

From: David Turner <turner_at_elvis.mu.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 00:50:44 -0600

My users complained of slower insert rates on the our databases and asked me to look into it. I looked at several different things which didn't show any differences until I looked at locally managed tablespaces.

I am showing 2 to 3 times slower inserts on my locally managed tablespaces versus dictionary managed. Anyone else have this problem or have a recommendation for a fix?

Thanks, Dave Turner Received on Tue Dec 19 2000 - 00:50:44 CST