Reg. SQL Loader..

From: Arul kumar <rakumar_at_mahindrabt.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 10:32:02 +0530

Hi DBAs,

We have a big table (running in millions of records)on oracle 7.2. Regularly (say, once in a week or month), we have to take the data from the table to a flat file and load it in another oracle database (oracle 8).

I would like to know wether just a SELECT st. will be efficient in dumping the data in a flat file or PL/SQL to be used for the same.

One more issue in this is: If the file size (flat file) is more than OS file size limit , the script has to start dumping in second file and so on.

Does anybody worked on such scenarios?
Any examples will be highly appreciated. Received on Mon Dec 18 2000 - 23:02:02 CST