Transparent Gateway for Informix?

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:32:11 EST

Does anyone have experience with or knowledge of this product? We have a project where we need to do queries and updates from our Oracle application to an existing Informix database. They are currently using Informix 7.3 but are going to Informix Dynamic Server 2000 (also called 9.x). I can't get a straight answer out of Oracle as to whether the newer version is supported or not.

One answer from Metalink Forum is that the Transparent Gateways are being discontinued in favor of a generic ODBC link. I'm not sure I believe that though.

As an alternative we're looking at SQLlink from Merant (Intersolve) which does support the Informix versions we need to access.

Thanks,
Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting Received on Mon Dec 18 2000 - 14:32:11 CST