RE: Redo Copy Latch - Correction

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:52:29 +1000

Hi Stephane,

I have not been able to test a larger log buffer without maxing out my CPU, but I have worked out where to peek into the SGA to read the value of the background write threshold out of memory. (At 8.1.6 it is an offset of 304 bytes into the kcrfsg structure. You can get the address of that structure from X$KSMFSV, and use the ORADEBUG PEEK command read the contents of the memory location.) Accordingly, I can confirm that the 1M limit on the background write threshold is indeed there at 8.1.6. The bottom line is that you can make your log buffer as big as you please without much negative impact on your 'log file sync' times.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@   http://www.ixora.com.au/
@   http://www.christianity.net.au/