RE: Problems executing a job

From: Henry Poras <Henry.Poras_at_ctp.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 20:23:34 -0500

Is there a private link in there?

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: Helmut Daiminger [mailto:hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com] Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 1:18 PM
To: Eftimescu Nico; Frach Karsten; Sawyer Joey; Oracle DBA List (Lazy DBA); Oracle List (Telelist)
Subject: Problems executing a job

Hi there!

I am having a problem with DBMS_JOB. I submitted a job under our application user (VIVOUSER) to be executed every morning at 5 am:

Variable jobno number;
Begin
Dbms_job.submit (:jobno, 'WH_PKG.RECALCDAY(SYSDATE-1,38217,1);', SYSDATE, 'trunc(SYSDATE+1)+5/24');
Commit;
End;

SQLWKS> select * from user_jobs

     2>
JOB        LOG_USER      PRIV_USER     SCHEMA_USER   FAILURES   WHAT
INSTANCE
---------- ------------- ------------- ------------- -------- --------------
----------------------- ---------
        61 VIVOUSER      VIVOUSER      VIVOUSER             0
WH_PKG.RECALCDAY(SYSDATE-1,38217,1);          0
        62 VIVOUSER      VIVOUSER      VIVOUSER             0
WH_PKG.RECALCDAY(SYSDATE-1,38217,2);          0
2 rows selected.

I set all the necessary init.ora parameters. And the user_jobs view tells me that the job gets executed. The failures column shows '0' errors.

As I understand, every user can create and execute jobs, right?

Anyway, it seems that the job does not run, because the data in a table does not get updated. So every moning, I have to log into SQL Plus as VIVOUSER and 'execute WH_PKG.RECALCDAY(SYSDATE-1,38217,1);' manually. It works fine then. (I have a second job that does the exact same thing but for other rows in the table; hende the second job with the parameter '2').

Any idea what the problem could be?

This is 8.1.6 on Win2k.

Thanks,
Helmut

Think you know someone who can answer the above question? Forward it to them!