FW: LOG_SIMULTANEOUS_COPIES

From: Shevtsov, Eduard <EShevtsov_at_flagship.ru>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:40:29 +0300

Hi List

Here is from Oracle8 Performance Tuning Workshop:

" The maximum number of Redo Copy latches is 2 * <number of CPUs>. Even with one CPU, this may be beneficial because CPU resources can be optimized. "

Questions:

What do they mean?

What benefits could I probably get if I set number of redo copy latches bigger than number of CPUs? Received on Fri Dec 15 2000 - 06:40:29 CST