Re: Svrmgrl - Password

From: John Kanagaraj <JKanagaraj_at_mfi.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:22:59 -0800

> ls -ld
> drwxrwx--x 31 oracle8i dba 1536 Dec 12 06:08 .
>
> HOME path : /sora01/app/oracle8i/product/8.1.5
> Any other information u need to know this is only the current
> settings.

Hi Suganya,

Nobody seems to have mentioned that if TWO_TASK rather than ORACLE_SID were set and 'svrmgrl' invoked to perform admin tasks in a UNIX - local database, you will be assumed to come in from an external host and thus asked for password verification, regardless of the fact that a password does not exist. In short, make sure that ORACLE_SID and not TWO_TASK is set for _local_ svrmgrl access..

John Kanagaraj
http://www.geocities.com/john_sharmila

Disclaimer : The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect those of MFI or its associates Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 11:22:59 CST