RE: IOT Vs Normal Tables

From: Gary Weber <gweber_at_cji.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:03:00 -0500

Another complication associated with IOT is a bug which prevents moving the segment to different tablespace. While the syntax exists to perform such task, the actual operation doesn't produce desired result or at least not for me. As per Oracle's response to TAR:

<bug:1245424>
TABLESPACE OF THE OVERFLOW SEGMENT WRONG AFTER IOT MOVE This was filed in 8.2 and fixed in 8.2. There is no reference to this in 8.1.6.
I could not find any other bugs that seem to apply here. I think that we will need
to test this. Unfortunately, Development has not unpublished that bug as of yet.
It is fixed in 8.2. The request for inclusion in the next 8.1.7 patchset (which will be 8.1.7.2) has not been rejected so it will probably become available in that release.

Gary

http://explorer.msn.com

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com