Datatype Conversion!!!

From: Ahmed Baig <abaig_at_saudioger.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:09:01 +0300

Hi List,

  We have got a situation where we need to change the datatype of a field at runtime.Following is the scenario for it

         Table  1				         Table 2
 pd_keyword_cat_char   			     pd_valid_data

  Keyword       varchar2(3)		           Keyword       varchar2(3)
  categroy_code number(5,0)                 categroy_code number(5,0)
  char_code       varchar2(5)                   char_code       varchar2(5)
  measure_unit   varchar2(5)                   valid_data       varchar2(70)
  must_flag        varchar2(1)                   date_created   date

  printing_order  number(2,0)                  created_by      varchar2(30)
  date_created   date                             date_modified  date
  created_by      varchar2(30)                  modified_by     varchar2(30)
  date_modified  date
  modified_by     varchar2(30)

Requirement: On the form based on each of the above table we would like the VALID_DATA field of the PD_VALID_DATA table to accept only number data if the MEASURE_UNIT field of the PK_KEYWORD_CAT_CHAR table has data in it,else the VALID_DATA field has to accept only character data.

Thanks in Advance Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 04:09:01 CST