Excel and Personal Oracle 8.0.4

From: Michael Kline <maklinesr_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:09:31 -0500

I'm converting from Personal Oracle 7.2 and Office 97 to Personal Oracle 8.0.4 and Office 2000....

My system uses an excel spreadsheet to bring data in that I've obtained. With the "old" system, I would simply click the pages to execute the query and it would run, no problems. Didn't have to use a password, no pausing except to hit the "!".

Now it seems in Office 2000 I always have to hit the OK on the query as the username/password block comes up filled out... I click okay, can go into MS Query if I want, and when I come back out, it again gives me the block with the username/password, and I have to hit OK... then it populates the spreadsheet...

Maybe I simply have to put up with this, but any idea why I can't seem to save the user/password any more, or more precisely, why do I always have the pause and have to hit the OK? Is it because the connect string used to be "2:" and now seems to be null? Is there a new connect string for Personal Oracle 8.0.4?

Thanks.

Michael Kline
ThinkSpark
Richmond, VA Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 12:09:31 CST