file layout preference

From: Kate Monro <KMonro_at_extend.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:17:41 -0500

I only have 3 sets of mirrored disks available (have to be mirrored). What would be the best set-up for a single purpose application averaging about 100 hits per second, equal read & writes, Sun E250 dual processor? I'm guessing #1 so that I have a bit of leeway with IO balancing - any comments?

#1 disks mirrored only
db1 os, software, archived logs
db2 indexes, system, online redo logs
db3 data, rbs, temp, users

#2 db1 mirrored, db2 is 4 disks striped and mirrored db1 os, software, archived logs
db2 data, indexes, system, rbs, online redo logs, temp Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 15:17:41 CST