Switching sqlnet.log solution

From: Steven Monaghan <MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:44:08 -0500

Recently on the list there were questions about how to control listener log size.

Here is what I have done for my 8.0.5 on SunOS 5.6. The script below runs from cron once a day and takes care of the issue with no downtime and no logged data lost.

If anyone has any constructive comments, they would be appreciated.

Steve

Steven Monaghan
Oracle DBA
MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.
Melville, NY
MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com
http://www.mscdirect.com

# End of script
----- cut ----- cut ----- cut ----- cut ----- cut ----- cut ----- cut -----

> It's easy to overlook that file. I've seen it done, and I've
> done it myself too. What used to annoy me is that I would
> always remember at a time when I couldn't afford to shut
> down the listener. Unlike the database alert log, you can't
> delete the listener.log file while the listener is running.
> Not on NT anyway.
>
> Jonathan

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication to others. Please notify the sender that you have received this e-mail in error by replying to the e-mail. Please then delete the e-mail and destroy any Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 15:44:08 CST