Re: Killing "Killed" Users

From: Tom Pall <tom_at_cdproc.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:10:15 -0600

If it's a pre-Oracle 8i, setting the init parameter cleanup_rollback_entries to a decently high number helps a lot in the cleanup.

The pre-Oracle 8i, pmon wakes up, winds down killed sessions' locks and latches, cleans up to 5 (or some other low number of) blocks of rollback for each session needing it, then goes back to sleep.

Increasing the cleanup_rollback_entries parameter increases the number of rollback blocks pmon processes per session.

In Oracle 8i, pmon does the same thing a few times. If there's still a lot of rollback, it increases the amount it processes each time it wakes up. It also does the rollback in parallel