Cloning a database/Instance

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:37:37 -0800

On one system I went through the process of running runInstaller to get a V8.1.7 database installed & created. All went well & I have a operational V8.1.7 instance.

Since I dislike poking at the GUI installer & because I wanted some practice with "disaster recovery", I restored onto a different system all the files that I thought were necessary to reproduce a working copy on this new system. I've had almost 100% success.

The minor problem that I'm trying to resolve is that when I invoke runInstaller on the new system & ask it to report which Oracle products are installed, all that gets reported is the previous V7.3.4 instance and does NOT show anything about the V8.1.7; which is in fact operational on this system.

Apparently I need to restore one or more files from the original host, but I have no idea which ones.

Any assistance or suggestions would be welcomed. Received on Wed Dec 13 2000 - 09:37:37 CST