Relicate Oracle to SQL Server and vice versa.

From: Brian Wisniewski <brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:03:00 -0800 (PST)

I'm supposed to find out how to make this happen for a smoke and mirrors presentation. I know - real positive attitude huh?

2 databases, 1 on Oracle, 1 on Sql server. When a transaction occurs in either database certain information needs to be immediatley replicated of sorts to the other database.

It doesn't appear the OTG product will provide two way processing in 8.0.5 which is the version of Oracle that another 3rd party product is certified for.

If there is anyone who has done something similiar to this I'd appreciate an off-line email to discuss various options. To everyone else I hope you got a good laugh from this situation, I just keep shaking my head. I've been here for 3 days and I've already got enough material for a years worth of Dilbert's.

Thanks - Brian

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. http://shopping.yahoo.com/ Received on Wed Dec 13 2000 - 11:03:00 CST