Re: Cloning a database/Instance

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:16:07 -0800

Since I started this thread, maybe I can terminate it. FWIW - I learned the following by submitting an iTAR.

The oraInventory is necessary but NOT sufficient to have OUI properly identify what is installed. At least on Solaris, I needed /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc to be copied onto the new system. Without the oraInst.loc file, the Oracle Universal Installer did not recognized the fact that a V8.1.7 was resident on the system.

HTH & YMMV! "Anderson, Brian" wrote:

> There is an oracle inventory directory, I believe it goes under program
> files.
>
> This is where the installed products for NT comes from.

Charlie Mengler               Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com              10641 Scripps Summit Ct