Re: Datafile "missing"

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:38:32 -0000

First back up the database --cold backup obviously since you are in noarchivelog mode

Now that you have a place to go back to if this doesn't work:

you can rename the datafiles

     in svrmgrl
     startup mount
     alter database rename 'old file name' to 'new file name';

now rename them at the OS level

as for the space, you can TRY:

alter database datafile 'filename' resize integer [K/M];

you can't get rid of it completely but you can make it REALLY small

Rachel

Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com Received on Wed Dec 13 2000 - 10:38:32 CST