RE: Re[2]: SYS password is not known (Oracle for NT)

From: Cale, Rick T (Richard) <RICHARD.T.CALE_at_saic.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:54:49 -0800

Before changing the SYS password then seeing what breaks you may want to save the password
first in case you need to get back. I agree with Dick I would take the hardline approach here, you as a
DBA need to know what the SYS password is. If you cannot contact the previous DBA then change it
and see what happens.

Rick

SQL> select password from dba_users where username='SYS'; PASSWORD

 F894844C34402B67

SQL> alter user sys identified by new_sys_password; User altered.

SQL> connect sys/new_sys_password
Connected.

REM Do whatever you like...see if anything breaks

SQL> connect sys/new_sys_password
Connected.

REM If you need to reset then...
SQL> alter user sys identified by values 'F894844C34402B67'; User altered.