TNS error

From: Bala, Prakash <prakash.bala_at_cingular.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:03:31 -0500

Hi everybody,

Trying to setup a 8.1.5 database on my laptop (on NT). Created all the scripts using the 'Database Configuration Assistant' and got the following error while trying to run the scripts manually.

When I execute 'svrmgrl' from the DOS prompt, I get:

ORA-12560: TNS: protocol adapter error

Could not locate this error# in the documentation. Under NT services, both OracleOraHome81TNSListener and OracleServiceSUN are up and running.

What am I missing?

TIA, Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 07:03:31 CST