Re: urgent -Svrmgrl

From: Terry Ball <terry_ball_at_csgsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:33:47 -0600

--------------9CE1083DEA344FEA1CACD64B

Check the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log directory. If it fills up, no new files can be created.
Oracle tries to create an audit file every time some tries to login to svrmgrl.

Terry

Suganya wrote:

> Hi
> remote_login_passwordfile = none
> I have logged in the dba group only where the oracle 8i is
> installed. And also I am not trying from
> the remote_database_connectstring.But that orapwd is also not working
> for me.
> Please suggest me how to resolve from this problem.
>
> Thank and Regards
> Suganya
>

> Srinivas Pulla wrote:
>
>> check the ORACLE_SID, and the OS user you have logged in as, if the
>> OS user you have logged is in the dba group(OS) then it shouldn't
>> prompt you for a password for the Internal user, also checkout if
>> you are trying to administer a remote database or your ORACLE_SID is
>> set to a different one than the one you are connecting to, and
>> trying to connect as "connect
>> internal_at_Remote_database_connectstring" in this case it will even
>> prompt you for a password, then you need to check out the
>> REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE parameter in the initsid.ora file.
>>
>> Here is the syntax for changing the password for Internal.
>>
>> $ $ORACLE_HOME/bin/orapwd file=<filename> password=<password>
>> entries=<max_users>
>>
>> Let me know if you require more help.
>>
>> Srinivas
>>
>> Suganya wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all
>> > In the svrmgrl suddenly it is asking for internal password.
>> > I used the same thing without password. How we can disable the
>> > password and also tell me how to change the password
>> > using orapwd command in unix system
>> > Thanx and Regards
>> > suganya

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html>
Check the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log directory.&nbsp; If it fills up, no new files can be created.

is installed. And also I am not trying from <br>the remote_database_connectstring.But that orapwd is also not working for me.
in as, if the OS user you have logged is in the dba group(OS) then it shouldn't prompt you&nbsp; for a password&nbsp; for the Internal user, also checkout if you are trying to administer a remote database or your ORACLE_SID is set to a different one than the one you are connecting to, and trying to connect as "connect internal_at_Remote_database_connectstring"&nbsp; in this case it will even prompt you for a password, then you need to check out the REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE&nbsp; parameter in the initsid.ora&nbsp; file.
it is asking for internal password.
then say try
Behalf Of Koivu, Lisa
Think about it -