Re: X$Tables Info : Attention - Jared

From: jared still <jkstill_at_teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:09:01 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, John Kanagaraj wrote:

> Jared - Of late, this list seems to demonstrate a lot of intolerance.
> Could I request you, as the list owner, to remind us all once again why
> we are part of this great list?

Folks, the main purpose of this list is to offer a forum for people to discuss topics of a technical nature as it relates to Oracle. We sometimes stray from that, but that's OK.

Real conversations tend to stray at times to topics that are of interest to those involved. If it becomes lengthy, it is best to take it offline.

It is generally accepted that bigotry, racism and other seamy topics will not be introduced into polite conversation.

It's no different here.

Please keep this kind of talk off the list.

If you say something here without thinking, and realize your mistake after public censure ( or even without it ), an apology would be in order.

Repeat offenses will likely get you banned from the list.

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;) jkstill_at_teleport.com Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 11:09:01 CST