large uga/pga and scan rates

From: Vivek <Vivek_at_1800FLOWERS.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:25:43 -0500

Hi:

Steve Adams has given a good explanation on memory allocation and deallocation in hos book Oracle 8i internal services Chapter 6 - Process memory allocation, Process Memory deallocation.

HTH Vivek

 From: Henry Poras <Henry.Poras_at_ctp.com>  Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:38:30 -0500
 Subject: RE: large uga/pga and scan rates

That is exactly what I am seeing. But I also remember reading what Ron quoted from the Concepts manual "Once connected, a user can never run = out of
PGA space; there is either enough or not enough memory to connect in = the
first place." If true, how can the process memory (dedicated) grow with = no
bounds? I'll try running some pmap(s) today and see if that gives any = clues
(not that I'm too familiar with the output). I'll post that data when = I've
got it.

Thanks.

Henry