MOVE table with LOB column to another tablespace

From: Helmut Daiminger <hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:05:40 -0800

Hi!

I'm having a problem here: I want to move a table with a LOB column (i.e. LOB index segment) to a different tablespace. In the beginning the table and the LOB segment were in the USERS tablespace.

I then exported the table using the EXP tool. Then I revoked the user's quota to the USERS tablespace and only gave him quota on the default tablespace.

Then I run IMP and import that LOB-table. The table gets recreated in the new tablespace, but the creation of the LOB index fails with an error message that I don't have privileges to write to the USERS tablespace.

How do I completey move the table and the LOB index segment to a new tablespace?

This is 8.1.6 on Windows 2000 Server.

Thanks, Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 14:05:40 CST