RE: Which products do I need?

From: David Barbour <dbarbour_at_connectsouth.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:37:26 -0600

John,

If you don't want to buy anything, you can either spool to a system printer or spool to a file and print the file. Depending on your version of UNIX, defining the printer is probably the trickiest part. Both AIX and Solaris will allow you to specify a printer as PCL. We're using Solaris here, and use openwin (/usr/openwin/bin/mp -o FILENAME |lp)to send reports to PCL network printers. It works just fine.

Hope this helps.

David A. Barbour
Oracle DBA - ConnectSouth
512-681-9438
dbarbour_at_connectsouth.com

Author: John Dunn
  INET: john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 13:37:26 CST