RE: SYS password is not known (Oracle for NT)

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:52:30 -0500

Be ye mindfull that the changing of the SYS password can change the = INTERNAL password. INTERNAL can be referrenced in the "stopdb.sql" and = the "startdb.sql" scripts.

ROR m=AA=BF=AAm

>>> kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com 12/12/00 11:35AM >>>
If any of your scripts rely on the sys password I would be surprised. Not saying its not possible but I personally don't do anything in scripts that require me to be signed in as sys.

Author: Don Dealy II
  INET: dondealy_at_teleport.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). --=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 12:52:30 CST