Re: left outer to two tables ...???

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:31:34 -0800

Not sure exactly what the terminology in your question means, but here is the "classic" syntax:

---begin---

select

       s.key1,
       x.key2,
       z.key3
  from
       s,
       x,
 where
       s.key1 = x.key2 (+)
   and
       s.key1 = z.key3 (+);

---end---

note the "(+)"

the above (edited from a working query) would give you all parent table records, regardless of the existence of any matching child table records.

On 12 Dec 2000, at 13:21, Adam Turner wrote:

Date sent:      	Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:21:42 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
From:           	Adam Turner <ATurner_at_concreteinc.com>
Subject:        	left outer to two tables ...???