urgent -Svrmgrl

From: Suganya <ukumsu02_at_shafika.vetri.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:07:09 +0530

--------------5FA4B2041CEF47ECA5BF0A2C

Hi

   remote_login_passwordfile = none
   I have logged in the dba group only where the oracle 8i is installed. And also I am not trying from
the remote_database_connectstring.But that orapwd is also not working for me.
Please suggest me how to resolve from this problem.

Thank and Regards
Suganya

Srinivas Pulla wrote:

> check the ORACLE_SID, and the OS user you have logged in as, if the OS
> user you have logged is in the dba group(OS) then it shouldn't prompt
> you for a password for the Internal user, also checkout if you are
> trying to administer a remote database or your ORACLE_SID is set to a
> different one than the one you are connecting to, and trying to
> connect as "connect internal_at_Remote_database_connectstring" in this
> case it will even prompt you for a password, then you need to check
> out the REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE parameter in the initsid.ora file.
>
> Here is the syntax for changing the password for Internal.
>
> $ $ORACLE_HOME/bin/orapwd file=<filename> password=<password>
> entries=<max_users>
>
> Let me know if you require more help.
>
> Srinivas
>
> Suganya wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>> In the svrmgrl suddenly it is asking for internal password.
>> I used the same thing without password. How we can disable the
>> password and also tell me how to change the password
>> using orapwd command in unix system
>> Thanx and Regards
>> suganya
>>
>> The Oracle DBA wrote:
>>
>> > One vote for:
>> >
>> > SHUTDOWN immediate
>> > STARTUP RESTRICT
>> > (practive backup of control file)
>> > SHUTDOWN NORMAL
>> > <BACKUP>
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Earl

>> > shutdown
>> > say try
>> > name and the
>> > database will

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html>
Hi

in as, if the OS user you have logged is in the dba group(OS) then it shouldn't prompt you&nbsp; for a password&nbsp; for the Internal user, also checkout if you are trying to administer a remote database or your ORACLE_SID is set to a different one than the one you are connecting to, and trying to connect as "connect internal_at_Remote_database_connectstring"&nbsp; in this case it will even prompt you for a password, then you need to check out the REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE&nbsp; parameter in the initsid.ora&nbsp; file.
it is asking for internal password.
then say try
Behalf Of Koivu, Lisa
Think about it -