Re: knowledge of oracle and the country of origin

From: Cyril Thankappan <cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2000 05:09:55 -0000

Hi!

Alex please do us a favour.

 Please (I beg) please give us a list of  all places where u've worked (ie places which  have tolerated you..) so that we
 Indians can 'avoid' u and ur ilk....

John/ List,
linking the knowledg of oracle to one's country of origin is really the most senseless thing i have read on this list. John is correct in remiding the
list -once again - of it's fundamemtal objectives.

Regards
Rahul
(from the land where... "people who work with oralce not knowing anything about it")

Author: Rahul
  INET: rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id

http://bol.rediff.com

Participate in crazy auctions at http://auctions.rediff.com/auctions/

------------------------------

 From: "Don Dealy II" <dondealy_at_teleport.com>
 Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 22:11:29 -0800
 Subject: SYS password is not known  (Oracle for NT)

The dba left and now we are stuck!

We know the SYSTEM password, but we don't know the SYS password.  Is there=
 any way that this can be "hacked" (Ver 8.0.5.1.1) so we can know what it=
 is?

Yes, we could change it, but nobody knows what scripts or other=
 applications rely on the current SYS password.  It's kind of a sticky=
 wicket.

We want to get OEM 2.1 up and running with the intelligent agent, but that=
 may require building the password file.  Will that mess up the current SYS=
 password?

------------------------------

 From: Ramamohan B N <ramamohan.bn_at_tatainfotech.com>
 Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:09:09 -0800
 Subject: Re: SYS password is not known  (Oracle for NT)

Hi Don,

You can create a password file. It JUST sets the password
for connecting as internal. I **THINK** it wont change the
password for SYS account.

Regards,
Mohan

------------------------------ From: "Henrik Ekenberg" <henrik.ekenberg_at_anoto.com> Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:22:20 +0100 Subject: RE: Block Corruption in System.dbf Hello, The Only Solution is Cold backup Your are in No Archive mode Regards HEnrik --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Henrik Ekenberg Anoto AB -----Original Message----- From: root_at_fatcity.com [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Gogala, Mladen Sent: den 11 december 2000 15:42 To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Block Corruption in System.dbf How about restoring a hot backup and performing the database recovery? -----Original Message----- Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 3:36 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L hi all, OS : NT 4.0 RDBMS : Oracle 7.3.4.4 Mode : No Archieve Log I had a Logical Block Corruption in system.dbf. I had found that the particular block is having one IDL_UB1$ Dictionary table. Is there any other solution other than restoring the cold backup? thnx venki -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Gogala, Mladen INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists