RE: RunInstaller Hangs at initializing Java Virtural Machine

From: Anne Yu <AYu_at_sos.state.tx.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:16:28 -0600

Hey List, I upgraded my SunOS to 5.8. When I tried to install the Oracle 8.1.7,
the cdrom mounted and allowed the runInstaller to be executed, then hung with no error message.
I got a Metalink solution: umount and mount the CD as Oracle instructed but still getting the same problem. I did pkginfo on java, it seems that all the java stuffs are there. Env. was also set up correctly but there is something else missing from my SunOS. Any ideas?

Many thanks, Received on Mon Dec 11 2000 - 08:16:28 CST