RE: Query problem

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 15:18:04 -0800

How did you get the timing information? Is it from set timing on? This includes network and client processing times. Try setting sql_trace on in the session and tkprof'ing the trace file to see the actual server processing times for the statements. Also, the comparisons need to be run more than once to ensure they are consistent.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu