Re:obfuscation

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:00:26 -0500

Paul,

    I may be a little out of it on this one, but even during my time in the USAF there was no reason to encode database object names. I'll admit that some of them we created were pretty cryptic & meaningless to the point where one could not navigate through the system without the data dictionary document. Outside of the terrible maintenance problems this would create I really don't know of any DBMS, including MicroSlop's that will allow one to do this. You could investigate Trusted Oracle, created by Oracle for the National Security Association. But otherwise I'd have some serious questions to ask the requestor.

Dick Goulet

Subject: obfuscation
Author: "Paul Sehgal" <Paul.Sehgal_at_radiantnetworks.co.uk> Date: 12/7/2000 2:10 AM

I am an Oracle Devloper/DBA. I have a need to supply a database application + database where all our schema object names (tables, indexes, constraints, sequences etc) have to be encrypted. Does any one know of a way to do this without using the DBMS_OBFUSCATION toolkit on Oracle 8i? I know Oracle also has the WRAP toolkit to encrypt your PL?SQL. However I have the need to encrypt the function specs as well? Are there any tools which allow me to do this? Regards,
Paul Sehgal.
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT: 8pt MS Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=1>I am an Oracle Devloper/DBA. I have a need to supply a
database application + database where all our schema object names (tables, indexes, constraints, sequences etc) have to be encrypted. Does any one know of a way to do this without using the DBMS_OBFUSCATION toolkit on&nbsp;Oracle 8i? I

know Oracle also has the WRAP toolkit to encrypt your PL?SQL. However I have the

need to encrypt the function specs as well? Are there any tools which allow me

to do this?</FONT></DIV>

<DIV><FONT size=1>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Paul Sehgal.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>