RE: ORA-01041: internal error. hostdef extension doesn't exist .

From: Nirmal Kumar Muthu Kumaran <NIRMALK_at_qtel.com.qa>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 13:28:32 +0300

hi suganya,

When ever ur accessing the database, during that period the database is not available, then the session will raise the error message ORA-01041.

hope so this will help u..

bye..

nirmal.
DBA.Qatar Telecoms.

This error will raise whenver the oracle database went to offline(shutdown) during the time ursession processing