Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:30:36 +0530

Hi !

3113 is bit different from other oracle errors. Basically this message is generated from the client side (where as most of the other messages are from the rdbms kernel at the server side).

You can not set events or some other diagnostic tools to get the systemstate/processstate dumps during this errors.

This may be a network problem. Check with your Network guys and tell them there **IS** some issue in the network (to oracle) and ask thm to fix that.

By Anychance are you connecting across firewalls/ or WAN?

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,
Bangalore, INDIA

> Dear all,
>
> I am running Oracle 8.1.5 on Windows NT 4.0. I am getting the above
> error whenever I am changing any user's password or trying to drop the
user
> when connected as sys or system user. Can anybody let me know the problem
> behind it? Any help in this regard will be very much appreciated.
>
> TIA and regards,
>
> Ranganath

> INET: RanganathK_at_lgcommerznow.com

Do You Yahoo!?