Re: is shutdown immediate adequate for consistent cold backup?

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 03:13:05 -0000

Yeah and I know who displaced that assumption...... :)

shutdown immediate SHOULD be sufficient, since in theory it does do rollback before shutting down (which is why sometimes it seems to take forever). But I'd rather be safe and know that I had a really clean shutdown before a cold backup.

Just my opinion.

Rachel

Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com Received on Wed Dec 06 2000 - 21:13:05 CST