RE: shutdown immediate

From: Henrik Ekenberg <henrik.ekenberg_at_anoto.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:30:56 +0100

Hello,

You might take a look at Doc ID 49100.999 in Metalink. We had some similar problems. Over here they were caused by stored procedures that were being executed and hadn't finished before the Shutdown Immediate.
The database won't go down if there is an Intelligent Agent or some process like this running.
Please check whether any user running any background job(nohup) on database as shutdown immediate is unable to shut down database and wait for that session to complete processing....

I've heared that another possible reason is the existence of "stuck" DBMS_JOB's tasks. Do you use DBMS_JOB ?

So try :

shutdown abort
startup restrict
Shutdown immediate for thread recovery

Hope this help
Good luck,
Henrik

Henrik Ekenberg                                   Anoto AB
Direct    +46 (0)8 406 79 24    	              Vasagatan 7
Mobile   +46  (0)733 745 624                      111 20 Stockholm, Sweden
www.anoto.com                                     Switchb. +46 (0)8 406 79
00
E-mail :henrik.ekenberg_at_anoto.com                 Fax      +46 (0)8 406 79
50

Author: Roy Ferguson
  INET: rferguso_at_level1.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Dec 06 2000 - 01:30:56 CST