RE: FreeOCP

From: Jeffery Stevenson <jeff_at_mpv.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 14:22:12 -0600

  What we need is a DBA simulator...a virtual reality cubicle where you are constantly berated and harassed by AI managers and developers while you are trying to fix their problems via your virtual workstation. To add realism, we could make it a 3-5 day simulation where it has one of the virtual managers call you at 3 in the morning jumping up and down screaming, "The database is broke! The database is broke!" Of course, the programmer, system and network AIs will randomly spread the blame between the database and the others...and after determining that it isn't a database problem, they'll insist that you stay up and "watch the database and give them a full report"--just to be sure. It could have the dual purpose of better testing the extent of someone's capabilities and scaring away the meek all in one fell swoop. :)

Jeffery Stevenson
Chief Databeast Tamer
Medical Present Value, Inc.
Austin, TX