RE: Copy command

From: Suhen Pather <Suhen.Pather_at_strandbags.com.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:56:05 +1100

Hessu,

Make sure you have your tnsnames.ora file setup to reference the table in the remote database.
ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora

This is what the entry should look like for the remote sid dev

dev.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = servername)
(Port = 1521)
) )

    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = dev)
    )
  )

copy from user/pass_at_dev create EMP(NAME,JOB,SAL) using select * from EMP_at_dev;

This will create the table EMP in the current database as a copy from the EMP table on dev.
To use the copy command you need to setup the alias in the tnsnames.ora file called dev.

HTH Suhen

Author: Heikki Jantunen
  INET: hjantunen_at_hotmail.com