Re: Recreating Scripts - Something to worry about ???

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 09:19:57 -0500

Kirsten,
  When you create the PK-uniq index on a table the index is created when = you issue the "alter table xxx add constraint xxx_pk" and define the = storage info. You do not drop the "index" persay, you drop the constraint = that created the index information. If you issue the command "drop index = xxx_pk" you will get an error message.

ROR m=AA=BF=AAm

>>> Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl 12/05/00 06:45AM >>>
Hi,

        I asked for a script, and have recevied several for which I thank you all, for automatically recreating indexes.

        One thing I'm wondering about B4 I try it all out :

        When a table is created with a PK or Uniqe-constraint, indexes are created, right ??? But if I drop these indexes en recreate them, is the PK/U-constraint still valid, or do these indexe shave to be filtered out = of
the mass ???

Greets,

Kirsten
--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author: Weerd Kirsten, E.C. de
  INET: Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 08:19:57 CST