How to convert from long to varchar?

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 07:21:23 -0600

We recently migrated from 7.3.4 to 8.1.5. A developer wants me to convert a column in a table that is a long to varchar(255). What is the best way to do this.

Documentation shows changing from
long to LOB but I don't see anything about changing from long to varchar.

Thanks,

Cherie Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 07:21:23 CST