Re: Personal Lab for study purposes...

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:08:10 -0500

Yes. That is, if I read the developer license at technet.oracle.com correctly. You can go there, download whatever software you wish, and use it for development purposes only. You cannot deploy (production). It's a wonderful benefit, and well worth taking advantage of. For a nominal fee, you can order CD packs. I buy those, because I don't like to download.

RD> Any suggestions about OS? Planning to go for NT.

I run both NT and Linux in my lab. New releases tend to come out earlier on NT, which is helpful. Linux, obviously, is a closer match to the Unix environment.

Best regards,

Jonathan
mailto:jonathan_at_gennick.com Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 09:08:10 CST