Drop table not working...Help

From: Janardhana Babu <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:21:17 -0800

Dear List,

I have done the following:

Step:1

Create table NEW_GLEN (......)
Partition by range(Fiscal_yr)
(Partition FY_9999 values less than (Maxvalue) tablespace Data_ts
storage(initial 1M next 2M pctincrease 100 minextents 1 maxextents 121)
);

Step: 2

alter table NEW_GLEN exchange partition fy_9999 with table GLEN;

Step:3

Alter table NEW_GLEN split partition FY_9999 at( 1999) INTO (Partition FY_1998 tablespace partdata_ts storage(.....),

                       Partition FY_9999 tablespace data_ts storage(.....)

);

Followed by similar split partition stmts.

Step:4

Alter table GLEN rename to DUMMY_GLEN;
Alter table NEW_GLEN rename to GLEN;

Now, I wanted to drop the table DUMMY_GLEN which has zero rows now. When I issue drop command: drop table DUMMY_GLEN, I get the following error: Warning Entry/Exit code is optimized. Cannot restore context (UNWIND 22) ORA-600 [kntgslm] [0]
If I try to rename with the command: RENAME DUMMY_GLEN to DUMMY_1 it gives the following error:
ORA-26563 Renaming not allowed.
If I try to rename with command: alter table DUMMY_GLEN rename to DUMMY_1, it works, but Iam not able to drop this table. Note: The original table, GLEN is a snapshot on some other database.

I would appreciate any suggestions to drop the table DUMMY_GLEN Environment: HP-UX 11.0, Oracle ver# 8.1.6.0.0. Received on Mon Dec 04 2000 - 11:21:17 CST