Multimaster Replication

From: <mahib.narayan_at_bt.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:58:02 -0000

Hi All,

We are setting up multimaster replication for disaster recovery purpose. The environment is -
Oracle817 Sun Solaris 2.6
The application uses sequences to generate the PK values, but since multimaster
replication doesn't support replicating sequences we have a problem. Any clue ?
Offcourse we can re-generate the sequences from the underlying tables once the
main node fails over to recovery node - but this will be a complex solution. Similarly, all triggers needs to be disabled at the recovery site. Is it a problem or any
other solution. Also on main node we have batch programs which uses Direct path
highly appreciated.
If somebody can suggest any good resource on setting up multimaster replication and
some tips and techniques other than metalink and Oracle documentation.

TIA, Received on Mon Dec 04 2000 - 15:58:02 CST