Overparsing issue

From: Majid Kazemi <Mkazemi_at_teranet.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 17:19:03 -0500

Hi Oracle Guru:

I have an oracle version 7.3.4 database on NT 4.0. Since last week the CPU time for parsing has been dramatically increased. A query which only took 4 microseconds, now it takes 7-8 seconds before completed. The share pool size is relatively okay. It is 20MB. There is waiting . The hit ratio is almost 95%. I dropped and recreated indices with the hope that something would change. It stills the same. From my understanding nothing major has been changed from the OS side. Excepts two dll upgraded to the newer version.
I need your help. Please let me know if you have had such an experience or any information which help me to understand and resolve this problem. Your help on this matter highly appreciated. .

Thanks;
Majid Kazemi Received on Sun Dec 03 2000 - 16:19:03 CST