Re: RE: Oracle 9i for DBA

From: Cyril Thankappan <cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2000 07:21:13 -0000

Hi!

 can you please forward that 'material' to me too!!

 Thanks

Hi Bunyamin,

Can you please send the document directly to me as the list software does not allow binaries.

Thanks.

Djordje Jankovic

Author: Djordje Jankovic
  INET: djankovic_at_corp.attcanada.ca

http://bol.rediff.com

Participate in crazy auctions at http://auctions.rediff.com/auctions/

------------------------------

 From: "Cyril  Thankappan" <cyril_thank_at_rediffmail.com>
 Date: 2 Dec 2000 07:25:33 -0000
 Subject:  Re: RE: RE: RE: 7.3.4 -> 8.1.6: Upgrade/Migrate?  Or

Hi!

guys..(and gals!)

 this is real scary.!!!

 Oracle 8.1.6 Installation guide for Intel
 clearly says that Solaris 2.7 is required.

 Metalink also tells the same.

 However, as rightly mentioned in this forum..
 I too have been able to install Oracle 7.3.4 on
 Solaris 2.6 and upgrade it to Oracle 8.1.6 of
 course after installing 8.1.6..

 Point is what is the implication of running this
 configuration on live?

 Thanks
Author: Kristen Cameron
  INET: cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca

 From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_datsit.com>
 Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 00:34:51 -0700
 Subject: Re: NetApp (was utl_file_dir)

Yep, you can share to Unix and NT.  On the NetApp filer you create
volumes, then qtrees on each volume.  Then, export at the qtree level,
NFS for Unix and/or CIFS for NT.

dgoulet_at_vicr.com wrote:

> Folks,
>
>     I know I really don't like it when someone changes the direction of a
> thread, but this does segway into a question I have recently been asking.
>
>     We had a rep from Net Appliance here the other day to pitch their filer as a
> solution for our disk space problems.  They pitched it as both a NT file system
> solution (home drives & the like) and a Unix solution for the DB's as well.  One
> question I had was could a Unix host see and/or create files on the filer that
> could then be shared by the NT side.  He said YES.  Hummmmm!!  Now that could
> cure some of my headaches.  Therefore, is anyone out there using a NetApp
> Filer??  If so, How??
>
> Dick Goulet

> Author: "Raghunath; Shivaswamy" <Shivaswamy.Raghunath_at_qwest.com>
> Date:       11/29/2000 4:12 PM
>
> Thanks for your reply, Dave Turner.
>
> But my latter reference says me thus:
>
> utl_file is a utility for server-side only. Which means that, we can use
> only the directories on the server and directories on no other box is
> permittted. TEXT_IO package of Oracle Developer could be used for the client
> side.
>
> Thanks, however,
> Shiva

End Of ORACLE-L Digest -- Volume 2000, Number 337