Need sqlplus routine to export/import data on a unix box from

From: Horowitz, Howard <Howard.Horowitz_at_reuters.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 17:09:49 -0500

Problem: I'm on an NT box running sqlplus and I need a script to export/import data from "schema a" to "schema b". Both "schema a" and "schema b" are located
in an Oracle instance on a unix(solaris) box. The user would like to export/import the data via VB application/sqlplus.

  1. Is there a way to run the export/import command from sqlplus? I'm not sure how to do this without writing a shell script / telneting from nt to unix.
  2. Does anyone know of a sql script OR procedure that dynamically creates insert statements for table data?

Thank you in advance,

Howard

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd. Received on Fri Dec 01 2000 - 16:09:49 CST