Off topic - Command line zipping utility

From: Murugesan Balakrishnan <mail_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:07:45 -0800 (PST)

Hello Lists,
I have a requirement to programatically zip certain files on daily basis and move to an archive folder. I could get a utility from pkware, but I am not sure whether I can programmatically change zip file name. i.e. for each date I would like to give 'common<date>' as file name, so that the file name is unique and I could locate the file based on date. This functionality needs to be achieved in NT with a batch file. Has anybody come across such an utility?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Muru

Do You Yahoo!?