RE: Oracle Discoverer Ramp-up Time

From: larry elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 19:02:18 -0600

Yosi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and pointing out some of the strengths and weaknesses and some of the things to watch out for. I talked briefly to someone about this project again this afternoon and it sounds like it will be pretty simplistic.

I am wondering, though, once they get their hands on the tool and read about and see some of the capabilities, if they would want to expand the scope of what they are doing. I had that happen with an Essbase project I did some time ago. On that project, once the user saw Essbase's capabilities, they came up with all kinds of ideas for new projects and things really mushroomed from there. And if these users are that way with Discoverer, that would be a great -- chance for me to gain some experience with a tool I haven't worked with much.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net Received on Fri Dec 01 2000 - 19:02:18 CST