AIX limitations to Queuesize changes

From: Feldhausen, Hans <HFELDHAUSEN_at_GEICO.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:04:03 -0500

There is a Listener parm called queuesize. It can be used as in the following example:

	LISTENER =
		(ADDRESS_LIST =
			(ADDRESS=

(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(HOST = servername)
(PORT = 1521)
(QUEUESIZE = 200)
) )

I have read in Doc ID 1010728.7 that "It should be noted that increasing the Oracle Listener parameter 'queuesize' greater than the 'listen()' system call limit will have no effect."

Can anyone tell me what the system call limit is for AIX (4.3.4) and how to change that limit (if possible)?

TIA, Hans Feldhausen
GEICO DBA
(301) 986-3746
HFeldhausen_at_GEICO.com Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 07:04:03 CST