Re:RE: utl_file_dir

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:30:51 -0500

Folks,

    I know I really don't like it when someone changes the direction of a thread, but this does segway into a question I have recently been asking.

    We had a rep from Net Appliance here the other day to pitch their filer as a solution for our disk space problems. They pitched it as both a NT file system solution (home drives & the like) and a Unix solution for the DB's as well. One question I had was could a Unix host see and/or create files on the filer that could then be shared by the NT side. He said YES. Hummmmm!! Now that could cure some of my headaches. Therefore, is anyone out there using a NetApp Filer?? If so, How??

Dick Goulet

Subject: RE: utl_file_dir
Author: "Raghunath; Shivaswamy" <Shivaswamy.Raghunath_at_qwest.com> Date: 11/29/2000 4:12 PM

Thanks for your reply, Dave Turner.

But my latter reference says me thus:

utl_file is a utility for server-side only. Which means that, we can use only the directories on the server and directories on no other box is permittted. TEXT_IO package of Oracle Developer could be used for the client side.

Thanks, however,
Shiva
Author: Raghunath, Shivaswamy
  INET: Shivaswamy.Raghunath_at_qwest.com