RE: Frequency of Log Switches

From: Kieran Murray <Kieran.Murray_at_esat.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:42:16 -0000

Steven,

try changing the initialization parameter LOG_CHECKPOINT_TIMEOUT to be 900 and set the LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL to be a very high value (greater than the size of the redo logs),
this will cause log switches every 15 minutes or when the log file is full. Both of these values can
be dynamically altered using ALTER SYSTEM.

Regards,
Kieran Murray
Norkom Technologies,
43 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2, Ireland Tel:- +353 86 8117916

Author: Steven Monaghan
  INET: MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

http://www.marketplace.ie
Ireland's Home for eBusiness